A 10-Week Course for New 6th Graders
Sundays @ 9:45am
August 19-October 28
Few transitions in a student's life are more nerve-racking than leaving Elementary and stepping into the world of being a Middle Schooler. Luckily, we're here to help with that huge step!
MOVE UP! is a brand new 10-week course designed to help new 6th graders "move up" into Middle School, introduce them to BSM North, steward spiritual maturity, and serve as an on-ramp to getting students connected to Sunday Morning SERVE opportunities within our church!
Topics that will be covered:
• Welcome to BSM North: Who we are and our hope for you!
• Following Jesus: Your life should have evidence.
• The Bible: More than just an old book.
• Church & Life Groups: Are they actually important?
• Worship: Songs and so much more.
• Your Words: Why do they matter?
• Your Actions: People are watching.
• Be Like Jesus: At school, at home, online, and in your city.
• Serve: It's not about you.
• Let's Go: Beyond our walls.
+ WHY IS THE COURSE ONLY FOR NEW 6TH GRADERS?
Unlike 7th-12th graders, new 6th graders are crossing the threshold into a new world of being a young man or woman for the very first time. We wanted to create space to be intentional about helping these students make this monumental step as they "move up" into Middle School and BSM.
+ WHY IS THE COURSE ONLY 10 WEEKS?
One of our core goals at BSM is to get students outside the four walls of a church, and join in on what God is doing outside of the classroom. A 10-week course helps us establish Biblical disciplines and truths of following Jesus, and then transition 6th graders into SERVE positions around our church so they can actually be like Jesus.
+ WHAT HAPPENS AFTER OCTOBER 21?
There are a few things that will happen:
- Students will be encouraged to join a SERVE team within our church to help serve the Beltway Park church body on Sunday mornings for the remainder of the school year.
- Students can sit in our Student Section in the Worship Center with other BSM North students!
Have any more questions? Be sure to join us for our Open House on August 12 @ 2pm in the BSM North Youth Room!